Party Survival Guide
Here are some tips to make sure you get safely through a night out
- Eat before you go out, or during the evening.
- Try to avoid buying large rounds of drinks, instead limit rounds to 2 or 3 friends. If you find yourself in a round but feel that others are drinking faster than you – or over recommended limits – it’s OK to skip a drink, or remove yourself from the round altogether.
- Drink water regularly to stay refreshed and hydrated.
- Use soft drink beverages to pace yourself.
- Remember that too much drink will do nothing for your looks – you’re drop dead gorgeous until you drop down drunk.
- And don’t succumb to the beer goggles effect – you might think you’ve met your dream date – until the effect wears off.
- Don’t accept drinks from strangers and never leave your drink unattended – it’s all too easy for someone to spike your drink … with more alcohol, for example.
- Plan how you’re going to get home before you leave. If you haven’t got a designated driver, make sure you’ve got the number for a reliable taxi or that know the times of public transport and keep aside enough money to get home safely.
- If you have to walk home, don’t walk through unlit or unsafe areas and avoid walking on your own. Don’t let your friends wander off by themselves either, especially if they’re drunk.
- Look out for your friends and make sure they look out for you